Ripon Commonwealth Press
Facebook
Twitter
riponpress.com
Water sprays through the roof from underneath as firefighters battle the fire from inside the apartment. The fire can be seen breaking through the roof here.
Water sprays through the roof from underneath as firefighters battle the fire from inside the apartment. The fire can be seen breaking through the roof here.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:00 PM
Discarded cigarette butts tossed in a plastic container are believed to be the cause of a fire that displaced 14 people Monday.
  • Developers won’t get $$ until hotel is done

    Build first, we’ll pay later. That appears to be the message the Ripon Common Council is giving hotel developer Lighthouse Hospitality.

  • RC cautiously optimistic as enrollment rises
    A few extra cars could be rolling into town this weekend and stuffing themselves along Thorne Street as students move into Ripon College dorms for the fall.
  • Ripon rallies to support Valley Crest fire victims
    When a fire raced through the roof of Building C at Valley Crest Apartments last week Monday, community groups rallied to support the seven families who were displaced from 560 N. Douglas St.
  • Boca lingers as foreclosure avoided at HQ

    Thought the Boca Grand Capital saga was over? Boca principal Jim Connelly says, think again.

  • Pad officially splashes down
    Though it’s been open for two months, Ripon Noon Kiwanis held the official grand opening celebration for Ripon’s new splash pad last week Saturday at Riggs County Park.
  • Cigarette to blame for fire
    Discarded cigarette butts tossed in a plastic container are believed to be the cause of a fire that displaced 14 people Monday.
  • Cookies fly down, rockets race up at  Cookie Daze
     Children, cheers and cookies once again filled Barlow Park last week Saturday as Cookie Daze returned.
  • Splitt seeks District 1 seat
    With two weeks to go until the deadline, one person has stepped forward so far with interest to replace Ald. Todd Elliott on the Ripon Common Council.
  • PolyOne plant sold
    Ripon’s plastic thermoforming company has a new owner once more.
  • Baker honored by Wisconsin Grocers Association
    Candie Baker, president of Webster’s Marketplace in Ripon, received the Excellence in Operations Award Tuesday from the Wisconsin Grocers Association (WGA).
  • Residents displaced after fire damages apartment building
    As many as 16 families appear to be displaced from an apartment building on Ripon's northeast side after a fire seriously damaged the building.
  • City races clock to create TID 15
    The city of Ripon is poised to create a new tax increment finance district (TID) — TID No. 15 — that is structured to provide up to $1.8 million in developer’s incentives for a hotel project in downtown Ripon. But the district must be created now ... or never.
  • Community enjoys first ‘Night Out’
    For the first time, the Ripon Police Department — with help from the Ripon Area Fire District and Ripon Guardian Ambulance — participated in “National Night Out” with games and free food.
  • Cookie drops tweaked for 2017 Daze
    The Ripon Area Chamber of Commerce has taken steps to ensure Ripon’s sweetest festival remains saccharine when it returns Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Barlow Park.
  • International camp breaks down barriers, fears

    Sometimes failure can be success. That’s one of the messages two high school science teachers hoped to impart on students from opposite ends of the world over the last two weeks.

Looking for something older? Try our archive search
GO
Reader Poll

Will you watch Monday's solar eclipse?


 

Most Viewed



Copyright 2017 Ripon Commonwealth Press (920-748-3017)
Lifestyles